Oeko-Tex standard 100 (introduction)
Oeko-Tex standard 100 is a product certification that assures the products are harmful substance-free. Several Oeko-Tex institutes are authorized in different countries of the world for testing and the issuance of Oekotex certificates. All Oeko-Tex member institutes work under the same umbrella of the Oekotex association and operate as per the same rules and regulations. We at Cosmos Pakistan are a team of professional & experienced Oekotex consultants having work experience with Oeko-Tex certification bodies of different countries, offer Oekotex Consultancy services to Textile Industries, Garment & Home-textile export houses.
What is Oeko-Tex?
The Oeko-Tex Association is an independent, third-party certifier that offers two certifications for textiles: Oeko-Tex 100 (for products) and Oeko-Tex 1000 (for production sites/factories). Products satisfying the criteria for Oeko-Tex 100 and produced in an OekoTex 1000 certified facility may use the Oeko-Tex 100+ mark, which is simply a combination of the two.
The Oeko-Tex 100 standard is concerned primarily with the health and safety of textile products and avoid duplicate testing by choosing Oeko-Tex certified suppliers. It is not an organic certification and products bearing this mark are not necessarily made from organically grown fibers.
Four categories of Oeko-Tex standard 100 :
- Product Class I: Products for Babies.
- Product Class II: Products with Direct Contact to Skin.
- Product Class III: Products without Direct Contact to Skin.
- Product Class IV: Decoration Material
Certification may be given to a finished product (such as a shirt, Cushion cover, Throw) or individual components (such as yarn or fabric).
Procedure for getting Oekotex certificate for textile products.
- Complete the Oekotex application form.
- Drawing of representative sample materials.
- Testing of Oeko-Tex samples at relevant Oeko-Tex institutes as per limit values of Oeko-Tex standard 100.
- Institute test the samples & send the Oeko-Tex test report to the applicant.
- Test samples have to pass the requirements of the Oeko-tex 100 standard.
- Certificate of conformity by the applicant.
- Certificate issues for one year.
How we can help you?
- Help in understanding the importance of Oeko-Tex.
- we can help you in completing the application form.
- we give technical advice for the production of products so that they meet the Oeko-Tex limit values.
- Drawing of representative samples as per the Oeko-tex standard.
- Establishing quality assurance systems in your factory that the product produced during the year meets the requirements as per Oeko-Tex standard 100.
To avail of our service contacts us at Oeko-Tex-100 consultants.